Greater Toronto Area (Free shipping over $50 Spent)
Collingwood & Surrounding Area (Mondays & Thursdays - Free Shipping over $100 Spent)
Hamilton/Burlington/Oakville (Wednesdays - Free Shipping over $150 Spent)
Spanish Elm was the first wood-matured chocolate bar we ever produced, back in 2016. But we held back part of that batch. The rest has now been aging for six years, and it continues to grow in complexity—akin to a lifelong marriage of wood and cacao. Spanish Elm is the same wood we use to ferment our cacao.
Nose: Toffee, tannins, hints of smoke and berries
Palate: A dance between savory and sweet notes: wood tannins, creamy-nutty on the mid-palate, berries and dates
Finish: Creamy and tannic with traces of red fruit
Flor de Caña and other aged rums are the most obvious choice, but any spirit with vanilla and caramel notes will work just fine (añejo tequila, Irish whisky, Blanton's). Nutty cheeses, soft and semi-soft, are excellent.
• Origin: Ecuador
• Appellation: Piedra de Plata
• Harvest: Year 2014
• Variety: Heirloom Nacional
• Collection: Signature
• Style: Wood aged
• Aging: Spanish Elm matured, 6 Years
• Ingredients: Cacao beans, cane sugar
• Release Date: November 2020
• Strength: 81% cacao beans
• Harvest: Rainy season
• Fermentation: 4-5 days in Spanish Elm
• Roast: Medium-Dark
• Conch: 12 hours
• Net Weight: 50 grams
• No Alcohol
• Gluten Free
• Direct Trade
• Supports Rainforest Conservation
• Limited Edition (Micro-Batch)
• Rich in Antioxidants and Theobromine
We are zealously committed to developing the most ecologically-friendly solutions possible for every element of this project, including our packaging. Our boxes and brochures are printed on recycled paper that is FSC certified and free of chlorine and heavy metals. The goal of environmental sustainability is a never-ending work in progress.
Ingredients: 81% Cacao beans, cane sugar
Variety: Heirloom Nacional
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.